LISI's team has come up with five underwriting tips you'll want to keep in mind when writing business with UnitedHealthcare.
- Health Questionnaires are needed for all enrolling employees (unless the group qualifies for the RAF promo).
- Groups of 2-4 can only select a single plan option. Groups of 5+ can select multiple plan options.
- New hires too recent to show on payroll can be written in on the DE9C with Name, Social Security Number, and Date of Hire.
- The Master Application does not have a spot for it, but we must know if groups want electronic or paper billing.
- Voluntary Ancillary: if the group submits employee apps, waivers will be needed. If list enrollment is used, waivers are not needed.